The Huawei Multinational launches for the third consecutive year in the country its most important program of Corporate Social Responsibility worldwide " semillas para el futuro sky” this initiative seeks to develop local talent in Information Technology and Communication.
This program reaffirms its global commitment to education, thus providing opportunities for academic and professional growth to university students in El Salvador, who will have the opportunity to learn from Huawei about innovations, and technological advances virtually.
With a new modality, young people will be able to participate in a week of exclusive online training on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), as well as acquire knowledge about chinese culture. Together with experts and business leaders, participants will share a unique experience with virtual visits to Huawei's headquarters in China, training on the 5G network, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the latest in technological trends.
This intensive one-week program is aimed at developing local talent, strengthening knowledge transfer and improving the use and understanding of people in the telecommunications industry, bridging the gap between labor market needs, and educational training.
"Huawei is committed to the future of El Salvador. We firmly believe that innovation is a basic pillar to continue progressing and prospering, developing a country, a region and in turn a world that is increasingly intelligent", said Sebastian Zhou, general manager of Huawei El Salvador.
Semillas para el Futuro began in El Salvador in 2018, providing training opportunities to university students who are pursuing careers related to the technology sector. To date, this program has trained 13 salvadoran students, some of whom are even doing their university internships with the company.
"Through these initiatives, Huawei contributes to salvadoran education, preparing young professionals to face the new challenges and demands that the technology sector demands worldwide", said Carolina Herrera, Public Relations Manager of Huawei Central America and the Caribbean.
The call for semillas para el futuro sky is already open and closes on October 30th. To apply, each interested party must meet the following requirements:
- Be of salvadoran nationality, be between 18 and 28 years of age and be studying from the third year onwards in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Systems or Telecommunications.
- Curriculum Vitae, free format in English. It must explain the applicant's academic background to date. Must attach, when requested, the certificates that accredit the achievements and merits specified in his resume.
- Motivation letter in English with a maximum length of 500 words, explaining the reasons why the applicant is considered suitable to be part of the program.
- Proof of basic English B1.
- Student applicants must be outstanding university students who are active in ICT careers, must be in their third year or more, and who are interested in learning about China, Huawei, and ICT Technologies.
Send a video with the title “Mi video para Seeds for the Future El Salvador 2020”, which should briefly express the motivation to be one of the chosen for the training process of Huawei, this video must meet the following specifications:
- Maximum duration of 4 minutes. (if you exceed this time you will be automatically discarded).
- You can use any digital format.
- The video must be of your own authorship and narrated by the student. It must not include material or content subject to intellectual property rights without prior authorization from the owners. The company is not responsible for the use of unauthorized materials.
- The video must be narrated in english.
The contest prize for each of the finalists is as follows Scholarships granted by the Huawei Multinational, which will cover the entire online training program that has been designed especially based on the field of Telecommunications and the most innovative Information Technologies. This must be completed in all its sections and pass the exam to obtain the certification.
Also, a state-of-the-art Huawei tablet will be given to each of the students who are selected. At the end of the training results, the first 3 places with the highest score will win:
- 1st Place a Mate Book 13 in
- 2nd Place a P40 Lite mobile
- 3rd Place 1 Earbuds 3
Currently, approximately 125 countries participate globally, training more than 5,000 students around the world, providing a valuable opportunity to create leaders and professionals in Information and Communication Technologies.
For more information, applicants may contact the following people in the country: Irma Ruth Leiva HRBP 79887542 and/or Abril Morales, HR Specialist, 75159284.