The new variations in the reference prices of fuels in the country, for this fortnight, are presented as follows:
Reference Prices in Dollars/Gallon:
- Superior gasoline will increase $0.05/gallon in the central and western zones of the country, in the eastern zone it will increase $0.04/gallon.
- Regular gasoline will increase $0.03/gallon in the central and eastern zones of the country, in the western zone it will increase $0.04/gallon.
- Low sulfur diesel will increase $0.05/gallon in the central and western zones of the country, in the eastern zone it will increase $0.06/gallon
The Ministry of Economy (MINEC) announces that the reference prices for fuels, effective from May 4 to 17, 2021, will experience increases for the current fortnight, due to the following international factors:
- Prospects of increased demand and new vaccination campaigns.
- Price increases due to the weak dollar.New agreements of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).
- Mixed behavior in reserves and inventories reported by the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Variations in international prices have influenced prices in Central America; however, El Salvador ranks second with the lowest cost of premium gasoline, regular gasoline and low sulfur diesel in the region.
The prices published by the Ministry of Economy are suggested and the service stations are the ones that establish them, according to supply and demand. In El Salvador, liquid fuel prices are liberalized.