For those who purchase tickets in the L and XXL fares will not have to pay an additional cost for the PCR or antigen test, which will be included in the value of the ticket. Travelers who purchase their ticket in fares XS, S, M or XL will be able to access discounts of 32% for PCR tests and 47% for antigen tests in El Salvador.
Passengers requiring the test must make an appointment in advance by calling the telephone number of Laboratorios Clínicos MaxBloch at 2266-0503 or 2564-6555, taking into account the validity time of the test required in the country of destination.
"Our goal is to make our customers' travel plans much simpler and for them we are generating strategic alliances that allow us to build an ecosystem of benefits, advantages and discounts to improve and simplify their travel experience. From now on, those who purchase their tickets with travel to or from El Salvador can have included or have access to significant discounts on COVID-19 tests, which are a requirement to fly to many countries in the region, thanks to the agreement with Laboratorios Clínicos MaxBloch", said David Aleman, Avianca's General Director for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Approximate turnaround time for results: 2 hours for antigen testing and 1 business day for PCR testing.
Some recommendations for customers:
- The passenger must show the Avianca ticket purchase confirmation email and his/her identification document at the time of the test.
- Communication related to the tests and results will be exclusively between the laboratory and the passenger.
- Size L and XXL tickets include one (1) COVID PCR or antigen test to be performed at Laboratorios Clínicos MaxBloch. If the passenger makes a change in his/her itinerary, and the test included in his/her size has already been performed, subsequent tests will not be covered by Avianca.
- Each passenger must verify the policies of the transit and/or destination countries regarding the required fitting requirements.
- In the case of sizes XS, S, M and XL or mileage redemption tickets, payment for the test must be made through the means of payment enabled by Laboratorios Clínicos MaxBloch .
- Samples will be taken at MaxBloch Clinical Laboratories from Monday to Friday from 06:30 to 16:00 and Saturday from 06:30 to 12:00. The passenger must take into account that in order to guarantee the delivery of results the following day, the test must be performed before 10:00 a.m. at the MaxBloch Medical clinics branch.
- The benefits apply for tickets issued as of March 30, 2021 and the agreement will be extended according to the requirements of the authorities of each country.
For more information about the product, please visit https://www.avianca.com/sv/es/experiencia/avianca-biocare/prueba-covid-19/